When it comes to anti-aging, Idebenone (pronounced eye-deb-eh-known) is the one ingredient that is widely recognised as one of, if not, the most powerful. Developed initially for the treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease, the anti-oxidant is now used commercially in Elizabeth Arden’s Prevage range. The new Prevage Anti-Aging Treatment Boosting Cleanser offers Prevage users with a cleanser to complete their skincare regime, and is also a great introduction to Prevage for new users.
Three-Dimensional Cleansing System
The Prevage Anti-Aging Treatment Boosting Cleanser is a multi-action moisture-rich cleanser that effectively removes impurities, makeup, and surface pollution without stripping it of hydration. It does this with three distinct cleansing methods:
1. Surfactant System: a mild foaming wash that cleanses dirt and impurities from the skin’s surface
2. Mechanical & Enzymatic Exfoliation: a combination of active enzyme and bamboo beads sloughs away dead skin cells while promoting cell renewal for smoother skin
3. Deep Cleansing System: a mushroom extract and a hexapeptide complex detox cells and support skin’s natural exfoliation, leaving it more receptive to further treatments
The cleanser also contains glycerin and shea butter to ensure that it keeps your skin moisturised.
Sebum activity in skin typically decreases with age. This means, the older you get, the dryer your skin becomes. Sounds like a wonderful arrangement? No. Most of us start experiencing DEHYDRATED skin in our 20s. The air-conditioned environment of our offices does our skin no favours. It dries up the surface and causes our sebaceous glands to go into overdrive to produce sebum to keep our skin moisturised. This often results in an oily complexion on the surface but highly erratic, unhealthy skin that is thirsty for hydration beneath.
Cleansing with a harsh scrub isn’t the solution. You want a cleanser that leaves your skin moist and “wet” enough to absorb the treatments that come after because dry skin will repel the products and keep the active ingredients from going deeper.
So we cut an apple into 2 halves. The half on the left, we applied a scrub. The one of the right, we applied Prevage Anti-Aging Treatment Boosting Cleanser. You can see from the picture how juicy each half of the apple is.
We left both cleansers on their respective halves for 10 minutes.
Then finally, we wiped away both the cleansers. Although you can see that the half with Prevage continued reacting with the air around it, it remained moist and juicy – in other words, ALIVE. Whereas the other half was clearly dried out by the scrub. You can see how dry its core looks in the picture below.
I like how gentle the cleanser is on my skin despite its granular texture. After a month of using it, I have noticed how much brighter and more even my complexion has become. In fact, some days, I find I don’t even have to wear a foundation or a BB cream when I head out. Just last Friday, Denise remarked how great my skin looked and when I told her I had had no makeup on, she was pretty blown away.
As its name suggests, this cleanser is a “Treatment Boosting Cleanser”. Using it on its own will only minimally improve the appearance of your wrinkles. For visible improvements to your lines, you will need to complete your Idebenone regime with products such as the Prevage Anti-Aging Daily Serum and Prevage Anti-Aging Moisture Cream.
Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-Aging Treatment Boosting Cleanser is now available at all Elizabeth Arden counters islandwide. It retails for $69 for a 125ml tube. This cleanser was given to Material World for review purposes and all opinions are the author’s own. Material World was invited to a press trip with Elizabeth Arden for the launch of this product. You may read our advertising policy here.
About The Author: Deborah Tan is a founder of Material World. After 10 years of working in magazines Cleo and Cosmopolitan Singapore, she is now a freelance writer/editor who works on this website full-time. She likes liquid eyeliners, bright red lipsticks, tattoos, rock & roll, Mad Men, and Suits. She hates it when people guess her age right. Follow her on Twitter @DebTanTweet.
We have 3 cleansers up for grabs!
To win, simply follow these steps:
1. In the Comments section below, name the 2 products in the Elizabeth Arden Prevage range you most want for yourself. [Hint: You can find out more about the range here.]
2. Then click on the Facebook button below to SHARE this post with your friends. Remember to tag “MaterialWorldSG” and “ElizabethArdenSingapore” in your post and set it on Public so we can verify you have completed this step.
3. Finally Private Message us your details (Name, Age, Gender, NRIC No, Mobile No. and Mailing Address) on our Facebook Page. Please state “Prevage Cleanser” in your message.
This contest ends Friday, 8 November 2013, and is open only to Material World’s Facebook followers so please Like our page here first. Good luck!